New classes in the week.

Go down

New classes in the week.

Post  Eryn on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Just to let everyone know I have added Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday classes to the schedule, and have dropped the Wednesday class. So the new schedule will be Mon/Tues/Thurs/Sat., and Saturdays will be held from 1:00-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be held at the same time as Mondays, 6:30-8:00. Both new classes will be at the same location, Greenbriar Elementary. I don't think twice weekly is enough for worthwhile progress, so we'll up it to 4 classes a week. I'm also raising the monthly amount to $60/month, only $10 more than the previous rate. I'm still in debate as of where to hold soon-to-be future classes, but the two candidates are Washington Park and the UVa Lawn. I may even split between locations, say 2 classes at Greenbriar and 2 at the other. For now it's all still in the TBD phase.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New classes in the week.

Post  Courtney M on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:52 pm

wonderful! a few things mr. burgess. itll be a few weeks before im in regular attendance of the sat classes. I have been helping a friend for the past few months on a filming project he's been doing, so that takes up most my saturdays. we'll be done soon though. Also, since i wont be able to attend most of the other weekly classes and only saturdays will i still need to pay the whole $60? Or by the class?
Courtney M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:05 am

Sorry Courtney, forgot to add that to the post. $12/class will be the other option along with the $60/month plan; there won't be any part-time payment rates besides the $12/class one. So either $60/month or $12/class, those are the two payment rates. Look forward to seeing you soon, and good luck on the filming project.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Courtney M on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Sounds good! Thanks. Also..Eryn while i was at work today i ran into John. It was a very very pleasant suprise. He told me of a wushu club up at pvcc? He told me i should consider presidency lol. While im not too sure about that i'd love a little more info on it if you could spare it. Thanks!
Courtney M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Haha that would be cool, I didn't even think about that. Good idea. Well, if Brooks leaves the position open this semester or next I would love to have you as president, only if you want to though. So far the Wushu club is on break for the summer, but will hopefully be back in operation in the fall semester. The classes are on Saturdays from 1:00-2:30 (if I remember correctly), but the schedule may or may not be different next semester. I still have to hear from John and Brooks to confirm. I'll let you know the news as soon as I hear it.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Courtney M on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:02 am

Lovely! Ill meditate on it. Thank ya kindly. See you soon!
Courtney M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:23 am

So Eryn, what are classes like these days? Right now things are crazy (moving again, mom's in the hospital, et al) but I was thinking of trying to get back to some classes with you at some point. I've been trying to get the Chen 36 form from Blake, but it's been slow going since I get to see him < once a month. My desired path of learning is finishing the Chen form, maybe some taiji sword, and maybe xingyi after that with the qigong in there at some point. I don't know if some of those things are part of what you teach. I guess what I'm asking is if you're mostly doing training and longfist or if everyone's still getting somewhat individualized training.

Last edited by wuxia_warrior on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't count.)

wuxia_warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 pm

I will continue to video the chen form. You can bug me about it as I have said, it would probably help remind me to get to it. Also, I think I will head down to cville maybe on the 25th or the next weekend.

Whiteape
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:05 am

wuxia_warrior wrote:So Eryn, what are classes like these days? Right now things are crazy (moving again, mom's in the hospital, et al) but I was thinking of trying to get back to some classes with you at some point. I've been trying to get the Chen 36 form from Blake, but it's been slow going since I get to see him < once a month. My desired path of learning is finishing the Chen form, maybe some taiji sword, and maybe xingyi after that with the qigong in there at some point. I don't know if some of those things are part of what you teach. I guess what I'm asking is if you're mostly doing training and longfist or if everyone's still getting somewhat individualized training.

Sorry for the delayed response Jason. The way class is run is still the same, with everyone getting individualized training. I've basically broken the class into 3 parts: warm-up/stretching/calisthenics, applications, then individual form/style training. During the individual training chunk I break the class into two groups: internal on one side of the room/area, external on the other; it's run very similar to the way it was when you were coming.

I can finish you up with Chen, teach you xingyi and intro qigong as well. I don't really know taiji sword except for some basic tao bits that Blake showed me, but I could train you in those if you'd like. I'll teach you reverse breathing and and how to apply it to your workouts, and maybe a little crash course in gentle movement sensing. I have another student whom I'll be teaching that to, so I might just fold you both into a group learning introductory gentle movement. I can't remember, did you learn qigong Jason?

BTW, I'm running classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6:30-8:00 and Saturdays from 1:00-2:30, all at the Greenbriar Elementary School location.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down