Saturday class cancellation

Go down

Saturday class cancellation

Post  Eryn on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:31 pm

As a heads up to everyone, I've decided to cancel the Saturday class as well. I recently started a new online job and will need to put many hours into it in order to reap enough income. It also seems that its a pretty conflicting day for many people. Blake will continue to teach in the week so don't worry. He has posted his weekday schedule here on the forum.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saturday class cancellation

Post  wuxia_warrior on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:40 am

And just when I was going to get off my lazy ass and get out there... I understand needing income, though. Good luck with your endeavors. Have you thought of trying out for some martial arts movies?

wuxia_warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Hehe, not recently. I did consider moving to California a few years back and training with a stunt group called ZeroGravity. They make lower budget stunt films in the vein of Jackie Chan-esque flavor and have several groups scattered around Cali, as well as one in New York. They're pretty damn good and have some talented people, I think a few have taken off in professional stunt careers. There's always that option as long as I'm young and healthy enough, but I don't know if I want to subject my body to that kind of pressure and potential harm. I also thought about starting a movie/stunt group here in C'ville, as it seems to have plenty of access to film and art materials and props. Idk, maybe in a year or two I might come back full time. I'll continue to regularly write and share stuff here with you guys, and I'll show up to some of Blake's weekday classes to train: I just can't seem to shake the martial arts love inside of me, it will always be there. Blake's a great teacher and I think you guys are lucky to have access to the information available.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 pm

I think I'd like to still try to train on Saturdays, so if anyone else is available, let me know.
We could just go over what everyone already knows, if that's ok with Eryn and Blake.

We can work out better times or locations the work for everyone if needed.
I'd just like to keep it up as much as possible, so I don't get lazy on the weekends!

Plus it could help if you're busy during the week.

Dave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Eryn: Rob has been talking about setting up stuff like that for quite a while now. He had said something to me last winter about helping some friend of his film a martial arts vs zombies type movie this summer and then I never heard anything about it. If you're seriously into it he might be someone to talk to about it, but I think there would have to be someone to actually get things moving before anyone actually does anything. My career is going to be science and not celebrity, but I'd be interested in helping out occasionally with stuff like that on a volunteer basis. I think it would be fun to just do something like that even in a cheesy home-made movie and for free. Sort of in the vein of The Kwoon stuff.

Dave: I was thinking the same thing. We could even do some push hands type things or other fun skill-building games to play that we don't necessarily want to waste regular class time with, especially since class time is now so precious.

wuxia_warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down