Weekday Class cancellation.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Weekday Class cancellation.

Post  wuxia_warrior on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:21 pm

I haven't learned bagua from Blake or Eryn, only from the Jiulong group. I'd really love to learn everything from everybody, but I just don't have the time (or money) for that. I'm only going to be in Charlottesville for probably about three years, so my thinking is that I'd like to go more in depth with the baji with Blake and Eryn since they are good and it's hard to find elsewhere. I can pursue Jiulong bagua no matter where I move to in the country, which I couldn't really do with them. I'd also like to get into xingyi at some point, but I don't want to spread myself too thin and only have a shallow knowledge of many arts. I've also been really impressed with Blake's Chen style taiji demos and would like to learn that, but again I don't want to spread myself too thin and not get deeper into things. I want to brush up the 24 step Yang because they taught me and it's good stuff even though it's not my favorite. The tan tui is just really good leg conditioning and I want to know it well enough to do it effectively, but I don't have to be awesome at it. I wouldn't be opposed to doing some bagua with them, it's just they have so much other good stuff to teach that is higher on my list.

I had at some point started one of the cha chuan forms (4th or 5th road, I forget which), a northwestern mantis form, eight basics (yi lu chuan and er lu chuan combined), and maybe even some others and never finished them. While I wouldn't mind finishing them, I think there's more to be gained by a deeper understanding of the internal stuff than just learning an external form. (I say that knowing there's still things to be learned from them, even internally, but I mean in a 'more bang for your buck' sort of way.)

My short answer is, I'd like to learn everything, but I'd rather concentrate on the stuff I've already 'learned' and go deeper with baji, then maybe chen taiji or xingyi.

wuxia_warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Courtney M on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:36 pm

I have a really big conflicting schedule presently, looks like i wont be a part for a while, both those nights arent good. Im continuing practice though, in jus about everything and some other stuff too. Im doin Qigong with John too. If u guys are willin to meet up on any other day and get a nice hang out session or a lil informal sparring or something it sounds pretty good to me.
Courtney M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:06 pm

I intend to come tomorrow. I can't 100% guarantee that, as that's how the life of a science grad student goes, but it's pretty likely. I'm assuming 6:30 at Greenbriar unless someone tells me different.

wuxia_warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Courtney M wrote:I have a really big conflicting schedule presently, looks like i wont be a part for a while, both those nights arent good. Im continuing practice though, in jus about everything and some other stuff too. Im doin Qigong with John too. If u guys are willin to meet up on any other day and get a nice hang out session or a lil informal sparring or something it sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for your reply. You are welcome to stop in on any class you may be able to make. I may occasionally do a Saturday with y'all. That's great you're doing the qigong. It's good to put alot of focus on that for now. Now that Eryn isn't teaching, the rate will be $45/month for all of you who've trained with us a while and $55/month for any new students. Anyone (existing students) who can't make it regularly can come to a single class for $12. I definitely recommend getting together and training outside of these regular times too. Perhaps we can arrange some Sat. classes too.

Whiteape
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:58 pm

wuxia_warrior wrote:I intend to come tomorrow. I can't 100% guarantee that, as that's how the life of a science grad student goes, but it's pretty likely. I'm assuming 6:30 at Greenbriar unless someone tells me different.

will be there.

Whiteape
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2