Running for class

Go down

Running for class

Post  Dave on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:13 am

If anyone else is up for it, I was thinking it might be good cross training to do a run sometime as a group. It helps to have other people around for motivation.

I'm not sure what distance people are up for - 3 miles? 5 miles?

Maybe we could even throw in some Parkour.

Dave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running for class

Post  Whiteape on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:03 am

I would be up for the occasional 3 mile run. I don't much like running, but try to do it with some regularityl, although not so much lately. I feel once I push past 3 miles, the run itself becomes easier, but the impact of it starts to outweigh the health benefit IMO. Also, I go slow, so if it were a group run, I definitely wouldn't care to be at all competitive about it. If anyone's ever up for tennis or basketball, I'm always up for either and enjoy doing that for cardio much more than running. I love volleyball and soccer too, but haven't played either in ages.

Whiteape
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Courtney M on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm all for it Dave..i run a little here and there..sooo im down, 3 miles sounds good to me..Parkour sounds even better..it looks so badass to me..so i wouldnt mind giving it a try. Im not the greatest runner around but i know having you guys there will bring out some latent potential i may have haha
Courtney M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryn on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 pm

I wouldn't mind any of these activities. I think I would prefer to play basketball or tennis than running, but for pure cardiovascular conditioning running is the best (along with swimming). Really, any of these I'm game for. Let me know what we can all agree on and then set a time to train.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Any takers on some pre- or post- wushu activities either today or Thusday? I'd prefer tennis or basketball, but would run if that's all anyone will do. I haven't run in a while so it'd probably be pretty sad.

Whiteape
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:17 am

Hmm, I won't be able to do anything after class Thursday, but is anyone free over the weekend at any point. Since you both mentioned basketball, I realize how much I've wanted to play for so long, so I'd be up for that.

Dave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteape on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:57 pm

I will be camping this weekend, but would love to play in the near future.

Whiteape
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wuxia_warrior on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:55 pm

I went camping last weekend and my girlfriend's leaving town around noon on Sunday, so after that I'm free. I suck at basketball, but I'd still play that or anything else. (Not that I'm good at anything else either, just especially bad at basketball.)

-Jason

wuxia_warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down