Strengthening The Core

Go down

Strengthening The Core

Post  Courtney M on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:10 pm

Hey Guys,

It's basic knowledge that power in alot of the techniques learned in Chinese Martial Arts comes from the stance, the waist, and the core. We have some pretty beast calisthenics which have helped alot, but i was wondering if anybody has anymore techniques for core strength? I think it would help alot with my speed and my kicks. Thanks
Courtney M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strengthening The Core

Post  Eryn on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:14 pm

I have an additional few you could try:

Waist twists: hold a dumbbell in each arm and, standing straight, twist from side to side.
Dumbbell swings: hold a dumbbell with both hands, sink into a horse stance, then explode upwards
swinging the weight abover your head (be careful). On the downward pull the weight
down with the abs.
Back raises with weight: brace the feet under something then raise the back off ground while holding
weight in hands.

You can also do the situps we do in class while holding weight in your hands, progressing to heavier weight
incrementally at your own pace. I'll show you some of these plus more next time I see you.

Also, you might check out www.beastskills.com , they have many good drills requiring little to no equipment.
Eryn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Courtney M on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Sweet ill add them to my routine. Ill get an even better view of them when i see you sat. Thanks Eryn
Courtney M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down